UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

3 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

To have an assault you have to have intent.  If I pump my fist and accidentally hit someone, that's not assault because I did not intend to hit them.  Also, thats a LOT of people sticking their neck out for DK, they have to have SOME inside knowledge, at least from DK himself.

Article literally states that those part of the meeting yesterday hadn't gotten to speak to DK about the incident, yet they say that he did nothing and the school is basically "doing him dirty".  How can you say that without sitting down with the man and getting his full side of the story.  It's a media / PR play and quite frankly, I don't blame DK if he has prompted this for the reasons I state below. 

Look, I want nothing more than for this to be a nothing burger that keeps DK and gets rid of Benson.  Here's how this shakes out for me:

1. If DK struck a player and it was not in the context of coaching (e.g. a drill that you have to grab a player, push a player, block a player, etc.) and was not purely accidental, e.g. Coach was animated and randomly connected with a player, then he should be gone.  Full Stop.   If the latter two circumstances occurred, he should stay.  Full Stop.

2. No matter how this plays out, Cegles and Benson seemingly have handled this horribly, from the get go.  You don't get to this point of "wtf" if administrators knew what they were doing.  It was a well known fact that Benson had nearly zero experience as an administrator.  Over the years, there have been minor and major missteps along the way (dependent on your view point).  For example, the handling of TITLE IX or at least the communication aspect if he wasn't responsible for the initial violations; the handling of the Coach Brown termination; the handling of COVID protocols and messaging; the handling of tickets; the handling of donations; the handling of game day operations (at the arena and stadium); the handling of the Gattuso extension, meaning his communication of reasons; and the handling of this situation.

Sorry, when you are running a nearly 30 million dollar business, you should either know what to do or how / who to delegate that activity to, and oversee them from a balcony executive viewpoint.  He has failed, end discussion.

In the end, I whole heartedly would support DK if indeed the two situations i mentioned above are "how it went down".  And it would be a shame if the mishandling of this situation by the administration made a player circle the wagons or allowed the press to "shape the story" in a manner that negatively impacted DK. 

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

Article literally states that those part of the meeting yesterday hadn't gotten to speak to DK about the incident, yet they say that he did nothing and the school is basically "doing him dirty".  How can you say that without sitting down with the man and getting his full side of the story.  It's a media / PR play and quite frankly, I don't blame DK if he has prompted this for the reasons I state below. 

Look, I want nothing more than for this to be a nothing burger that keeps DK and gets rid of Benson.  Here's how this shakes out for me:

1. If DK struck a player and it was not in the context of coaching (e.g. a drill that you have to grab a player, push a player, block a player, etc.) and was not purely accidental, e.g. Coach was animated and randomly connected with a player, then he should be gone.  Full Stop.   If the latter two circumstances occurred, he should stay.  Full Stop.

2. No matter how this plays out, Cegles and Benson seemingly have handled this horribly, from the get go.  You don't get to this point of "wtf" if administrators knew what they were doing.  It was a well known fact that Benson had nearly zero experience as an administrator.  Over the years, there have been minor and major missteps along the way (dependent on your view point).  For example, the handling of TITLE IX or at least the communication aspect if he wasn't responsible for the initial violations; the handling of the Coach Brown termination; the handling of COVID protocols and messaging; the handling of tickets; the handling of donations; the handling of game day operations (at the arena and stadium); the handling of the Gattuso extension, meaning his communication of reasons; and the handling of this situation.

Sorry, when you are running a nearly 30 million dollar business, you should either know what to do or how / who to delegate that activity to, and oversee them from a balcony executive viewpoint.  He has failed, end discussion.

In the end, I whole heartedly would support DK if indeed the two situations i mentioned above are "how it went down".  And it would be a shame if the mishandling of this situation by the administration made a player circle the wagons or allowed the press to "shape the story" in a manner that negatively impacted DK. 

Hammer - Nail!

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Example wyland. Play by play announcer stated publicly that people have told him that they don't expect Killings to keep his job. 

I guess we now know he’s not paid by the school to call football and basketball games. He’s been “dropping” insider news for years like this and he’s mixing in his day job with his side job. After this investigation is done he should be gone too. Hand over the radio and tv to the students.

Edited by UA'08

17 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I guess we now know he’s not paid by the school to call football and basketball games. He’s been “dropping” insider news for years like this and he’s mixing in his day job with his side job. After this investigation is done he should be gone too. Hand over the radio and tv to the students.

I just thought it was the awful announcing that would eventually do him in....brutal listen!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

hopefully that means he got his due, and everything was copacetic.  Glad for DK if true.  As for benson, still has to go.  

Right, if all the due diligence was done by the school and above board..I welcome him back. Only if, and I can't stress this strongly enough this was truly unintentional contact. Benson...

gtfo-john-wayne.gif

If this is the result don’t they still need some transparency here?  I know they’ll try to hide behind the “it’s a personnel matter”, but this is different no?

How do we as a fan base get (back) behind DK without details?

How do recruits, and their parents, send their kids here without understanding what did/didn’t happen?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, McFan said:

If this is the result don’t they still need some transparency here?  I know they’ll try to hide behind the “it’s a personnel matter”, but this is different no?

How do we as a fan base get (back) behind DK without details?

How do recruits, and their parents, send their kids here without understanding what did/didn’t happen?

Absolutely.  Zero doubt.  

• Like 1