UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Men's Basketball Coach Search

I don't hate the name . I really don't hate any of the "top 3". 

He has been to several schools and they have had success. 

Both Tennessee and Villanova are in the tournament. I'm guessing if it's one of those guys we won't name it until they are eliminated.  If it's the Marquette guy we will know very soon. 

8 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

"The next head coach at Albany will be either Desmond Oliver and Dwayne Killings." https://t.co/5Uxh1duyqC. Twitter

Ya'll gotta tell me (since I don't follow NCAA sports outside of the big stories on the ESPN homepage or this forum)...should I start sharpening my pitchfork? Are we mad?

Edited by Eli
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MRSGDG said:

"The next head coach at Albany will be either Desmond Oliver and Dwayne Killings." https://t.co/5Uxh1duyqC. Twitter

Interesting, let us see where it goes...looks like Dwayne has America East experience with Boston University....both spent part of their lives in NE...I think there are better jobs somewhere for each....but Desmond is the choice .... I hope he is successful....he is my choice

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification

18 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Give me Oliver or give me death...isn't that the famous quote?

Perhaps, Oliver's line is "I been everywhere man"......assistant at 9 schools... 4 in New York... You think he be trying to land in the CAA or Atlantic 10...MAAC! That said I like the type of schools previously at and his resume progression

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification
  • Like 1

I like both... but both come with risks ....

Desmond Oliver got passed over at Kennesaw State (one of the worse D1 programs). If he is so great I would think we would have had a head coaching job by now . 

Killings is coming coming of a sub par season at a slightly lower school (still the big east).

I would consider both of these guys good hires from high conferences.  Both have had success. 

I don't know much about either but I hope Benson gets this right. 

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Perhaps, Oliver's line is "I been everywhere man"......assistant at 9 schools... 4 in New York... You think he be trying to land in the CAA or Atlantic 10...MAAC! That said I like the type of schools previously at and his resume progression

wonder why it was so back and forth though. He went from a top tier program like Texas A&M to Cornell, and then again from Georgia to Canisus...but maybe that's common if the coach you play under gets let go?

9 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

https://twitter.com/RodgerWyland/status/1371601293635170305?s=20

a first time coach who was an associate coach for a 13 win team. Fun times.

No .... I believe this is a good hire.... he won at temple...then moved up to uconn... then has had some success at marquette.... in other words he is going up ... 

Oliver being an assistant for almost 30 years sinks ... somethings not right there.... plus the up and down worries me ...

I'm on record is saying I LOVE this hire .... 

• Like 1