UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

37 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

Older pictures of the work already done.  Click on the picture at the bottom on the linked page.

https://www.albany.edu/facilities/fp/sefcu_arena_rehab.html

This is what it looks like as of this afternoon...

The old floor has been cut out, conduits being removed from the slab, and the new flooring sits on palettes getting acclimated to the space before install.

2023-07-05_14-33-54.jpg

• Thanks 3

Looks great. I'm in Albany visiting for the week and have been on campus but didn't get a chance to try and peak through the doors to see if anything can be seen.

Side note: anyone know why the school stopped doing the little fountain 'show' at 10PM at the LC? Used to have lights and varying water height for 10 minutes or so at 10PM and stopped doing it before COVID and didn't do it again today. My wife and I spent many a summer night chilling by the fountain playing card games in the evenings when we were dating/just married.

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Looks great. I'm in Albany visiting for the week and have been on campus but didn't get a chance to try and peak through the doors to see if anything can be seen.

Side note: anyone know why the school stopped doing the little fountain 'show' at 10PM at the LC? Used to have lights and varying water height for 10 minutes or so at 10PM and stopped doing it before COVID and didn't do it again today. My wife and I spent many a summer night chilling by the fountain playing card games in the evenings when we were dating/just married.

Could be different now, but when I went to school they didn't do any of the fountain shows over the summer when normal classes weren't in session.

I was on campus yesterday and had a chance to look at the two renovations. I saw the floor in SEFCU appears to have pads covering the area. Also observed that the upper deck has protrusions from at least two corners taking space in the corners. The bowl atmosphere being created now makes the new arena much cooler and more legitimate for a Division I level facility.

University Gym looks completely gutted.

From the article above I hadn't known that the old seating in SEFCU had been deemed unsafe. You know the old system was really dated when you couldn't get replacement parts. I'm glad that the powers that be realized the need to rejuvenate the old facility.

When entering the campus from Collins Circle I saw some sign that referred to an Aquatics Center. Since the pool in the University Gym center appears to have been filled in, where is this new center located on campus?

Regarding another aspect of my campus tour, I like the more mature atmosphere that the campus displays. The trees are more numerous and are much larger than when I attended. 

21 hours ago, Dane96 said:

It  has been reported that the SEFCU / Broadview naming rights were re-upped for 2,75 million over 10 years.   Starting this fall. 

Where was this posted? Also, seems low for posting rights?? I'm probably wrong, but recall the original deal seemed more lucrative and pretty sure MVP/TU/Pepsi.Knick considerably more??

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Where was this posted? Also, seems low for posting rights?? I'm probably wrong, but recall the original deal seemed more lucrative and pretty sure MVP/TU/Pepsi.Knick considerably more??

The $2.75 million is the same as the original agreement in 2006 and is considerably less than other naming rights agreements. 

2 hours ago, reeder said:

The $2.75 million is the same as the original agreement in 2006 and is considerably less than other naming rights agreements. 

Yes for first part.  Second part is slightly debatable.   Spoke to a major in executive in the world of sports (very, very high up the food chain and former head of a major nyc pro sports group (he’s a very close friend of family). He said overall, naming rights have decreased but for the sole exception of major sports brands (pro and top college teams).  

The current value of the 2006 deal would be just over 414k today.  The exec told me a great sefcu deal would have been about  350-375.   His opinion is that this deal is a good deal these days in that SEFCU provides other opportunities for the school.  

I have zero issues with the value of this deal.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two years ago the official naming rights for the (Knickerbocker/Pepsi/Times-Union) MVP Arena went for $600,000/year. Of course they seat four times as many as SEFCU/Broadview, and hold many more events, and threw in $1.4M.yr for an "Innovation Fund" to grow attendance

https://www.news10.com/news/albany-county/naming-rights-for-former-times-union-center-awarded-to-mvp-health-care/

I wonder if they'll try for separate naming rights for the University Gym volleyball courts

Edited by UAalum72
  • Thanks 1