UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

Looks like SEFCU will now be known as Broadview Center officially.

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2023/8/1/mens-basketball-new-name-expanded-offerings-sefcu-arena-becomes-broadview-center.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3o0LZun7Uspj7aEDWqUBC5NcdqefRqOtDKRSVEAv93nc0i4YYrRCgKveg

I like it...Broadview Center works better than Broadview Arena.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Eli said:

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2023/8/1/mens-basketball-new-name-expanded-offerings-sefcu-arena-becomes-broadview-center.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3o0LZun7Uspj7aEDWqUBC5NcdqefRqOtDKRSVEAv93nc0i4YYrRCgKveg

I concur with your sentiments that Broadview Center flows better ,,,only question: Is the parking lot adjacent to Broadview Center and Tom and Mary Casey Stadium now known as the Broadview Center Parking Lot? Chuckle Chuckle....

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I concur with your sentiments that Broadview Center flows better ,,,only question: Is the parking lot adjacent to Broadview Center and Tom and Mary Casey Stadium now known as the Broadview Center Parking Lot? Chuckle Chuckle....

We didn't call it SEFCU Arena Parking Lot - we called it SEFCU lot. So this would be Broadview Lot. Flows just as well.

• Sad 1

On 7/21/2023 at 9:42 PM, Eli said:

Hey, you give them more credit than I do. Opening night was supposed to be vs Siena on 11/12. I said the second they moved that to MVP that they were behind. Now it's December - likely closer to Christmas, Benson just won't say it. I wouldn't be surprised if the AE home opener is the actual opener for the arena.

That's not my point though - the point is they don't even have a tentative date to share so out of town alum/people can't make plans. Something this big and their update with less than 6 months to go is 'sometime in December'...maybe that annoys only me but come on now.

My understanding is that that renovations are now back on track.  I have learned the following:

• Pricing for seats and GDAC donation requirements will be release within a couple weeks
  • There is the potential of tours of the nearly completed Broadview Center by the project manager in October.
  • Seat installation is scheduled to begin November 1, 2023
  • Seat installation completion date is set for November 15, 2023
  • Broadview Center home opener is scheduled for November 29, 2023, opponent, to be announced.

Seat selection for season ticket holders may occur on or about November 15, 2023.

Keep your fingers crossed.

23 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

My understanding is that that renovations are now back on track.  I have learned the following:

• There is the potential of tours of the nearly completed Broadview Center by the project manager in October.

Possibly an event on Homecoming Weekend Oct. 20-22?

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

• Pricing for seats and GDAC donation requirements will be release within a couple weeks
  • Seat installation is scheduled to begin November 1, 2023
  • Seat installation completion date is set for November 15, 2023
  • Broadview Center home opener is scheduled for November 29, 2023, opponent, to be announced.

Seat selection for season ticket holders may occur on or about November 15, 2023.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I don't doubt your timeline . However if season ticket holders can start to pick their seat only 2 weeks before the home opener would be such a UAlbany thing to do.  

They have the seat count and such.  There is no reason in hell to wait until 2 weeks before the game.  Season ticket holders will need at least a week to purchase tickets and make sure it works for them.  This means they are going to sell the opening of the arena with same day tickets with no advance tickets for non season ticket holders.  Lol lol. Again such a UA thing to do . 

I pray this is false and they are not this stupid.  But won't hold my breath.  

Edited by UA1882
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Broadview-ing is what I used to do at the fountain come April..amirite? (i'll hide now)

• Haha 1

Email I just got, would love to do this.

Broadview Center Tours

Take an expertly guided, behind the scenes, tour of the future home of UAlbany Basketball. Fans will be treated to a variety of arena improvements which include updated chairback seating, new premium seating options, and hospitality areas. Explore areas of the arena typically not open to the public like team locker rooms and meeting spaces which will include mega-sized touch screen TV’s for film sessions.

Broadview Center tours will be led by the Project Manager and run for about 45 minutes. Fans will be asked to wear hard hats during tour(s) which will be provided to you. Sign up today, as spots are expected reach capacity!

Broadview Center Tours (limited to 16 guests per slot)

Additional Dates will be added as tours reach capacity.

August 9th, 12 PM
August 16th, 10 AM
August 29th, 4 PM

Click Here to Schedule Tour

Edited by Eli
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the old floor's up and the corner seating base is in. View from the lobby entrance, whose windows are open again but the doors are still locked.

img_1230-1-jpg.22035

Meanwhile the door from University Gym that leads into the vending machine area has been closed off with cinder blocks

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 12:55 PM, Eli said:

I always thought calling it "Arena" was a big stretch. "Fieldhouse" more like it; "Center" is ambiguous enough to work for pretty much anything.

• Like 1