UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SEFCU Reno

Spoke to a coach today. Said the men's locker room was done, the women's more than half done. Said the arena would be done "by the end of November" so it could be earlier, that's still five months away. Was very excited about the arena.

16 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Spoke to a coach today. Said the men's locker room was done, the women's more than half done. Said the arena would be done "by the end of November" so it could be earlier, that's still five months away. Was very excited about the arena.

Neither are "done" at this point. They are only framed and drywalled at this point.

• Thanks 2

"End of November" is so loosey goosey. I can't order plane tickets for the arena opener until I know for sure what day they are going to open.

I still think they are behind schedule which is why they moved the LCC game.

I think we must all remember the struggle SBU had in renovating there arena.  If we do end up behind schedule it won't take the years it took them.  We also could be UVM I think my grandchildren will be going to college before they get finished with their area.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Eli said:

"End of November" is so loosey goosey. I can't order plane tickets for the arena opener until I know for sure what day they are going to open.

I still think they are behind schedule which is why they moved the LCC game.

Only 3 teams have released non conference schedules so far. I always expect albany to not release until after more than half teams have released. 

I am waiting for nhl schedule as well. Hoping for a great Danes/ nhl weekend with either men's basketball or women's basketball.  Last year Blackhawks were scheduled later in the day that Danes played at loyola chicago.  

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 4:42 PM, B9j2j6s said:

I think we must all remember the struggle SBU had in renovating there arena.  If we do end up behind schedule it won't take the years it took them.  We also could be UVM I think my grandchildren will be going to college before they get finished with their area.  

After spending the last two plus years working on mainly interior renovations, along with a friend's struggle to have their kitchen renovation projection bought to completion, the struggle to keeping contractors to a time frame is the biggest headache in a project. So, if UAlbany can get the contractors to wrap up by the end of November 2023, I will be happy.

On the UVM story, when I was on their campus for AE MLAX Championship, the UVM people had little hopes that ground will be broken any time soon. UVM has talked about the need for a new hockey rink for twenty plus years.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still surprised that the floor is down. I would have thought that it would have been one of the last things to get put down.

The baseline looks real close to the overhanging seats. I don't remember, but are there going to be seats going down to the ground along the baselines like before?

Thanks for the images. Definitely wets the appetite for this upcoming season. 

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'm still surprised that the floor is down. I would have thought that it would have been one of the last things to get put down.

The baseline looks real close to the overhanging seats. I don't remember, but are there going to be seats going down to the ground along the baselines like before?

I believe they said rotating the floor (which is probably a total replacement) would be one of the last things done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

That’s an optical illusion.  Seats will go down to baseline.  

• Thanks 1

Anyone have any idea when the season tickets will start to go on sale and when returning ticket holders will have the chance to pick their new seats? I made a GDAC donation last week to get it into the fiscal year and I hope it was enough to not have to wait too long. I really want to be in the same type of spot I've had in SEFCU for the last 8 or 9 years.

• Like 1