UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: 2022-2023 Season Over

1 hour ago, statefan said:

So, who does everyone think fed this story to Samurai Hoops?

I have my suspicions as Samurai is likely a former UMASS Asst.  (That's the scuttlebutt in the industry).  At this point, speculating on the who is as unhelpful as Samurai's tweets.  That being said, this was a rumor for days among staffs in the AE, NEC, and CAA.  

This could be a canary in a coal mine situation....

1 hour ago, Oldtimer said:

If he stays he needs to hire an assistant coach who is a defensive guru!!

100%.  

I think one of Will's not so great decisions was not making a move on his own staff, specifically recruiting. Jon Iati is a heck of a coach and strategist/scout prep guy.  He is going to be a good HC one day if he wants that route.  He was not a problem.  Will lost a bit on the trail with the Eaton loss followed by O'Donnell.  Both of those guys, per my understanding, were outstanding recruiters.  I didn't get the same feel with the staff post O'Donnell.  And we know O'Donnell leaving was not Will's choice (nor O'Donnell's, per my understanding).

Will was a master strategist and motivator.  He just needed to get better recruits in the latter years.  

Killings has the opposite issue: seemingly a great recruiter.  I honestly believe we may have a THIRD ROY coming in next year...but at a minimum, at least one guy (maybe 2) who can make the All-Rookie team.   However, his in-game management, adjustments, and overall offensive strategy is frustrating and confusing.  It's one thing if this willy nilly offense was producing results...but it hasn't.  The staff is insanely young with only Bobby Jordan having any real experience.  Yes,  Madhavapallil has been a part of a BE program...but it is not at a coaching X and O level.  And Daly was a good ball player but he is a a baby faced coach, with no experience.

Killings really needs someone who gets the strategy part in order to supplement his recruiting.  

• Like 2

As i said before Killings is too nice.  Needs to let 2 assistant coaches go and hire 2 more experienced coaches. Coaching this year was terrible.  We never improved.  Not even a little.

He also needs to let 3 of these 4 go: Edmead, Ketner, Kellogg, or Amica. 

I know he wants to be a stand up guy but he needs the think of himself first.  If he fails miserably here he will probably never get another head coaching job (making 400k a year). 

Lastly I know you guys are high on our recruits but they will still be freshman.  Also im told Aznan is a border line D1 player . We were his only offer. Not saying he can't develop into something but it won't be next year.  

Need to keep Drumgoole,  Neely, and Beagle. Let 3 of the above walk, and get better and older. If we don't we won't be much better next year.  Killings needs to realize this and start to get selfish . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, statefan said:

So, who does everyone think fed this story to Samurai Hoops?

Maybe Samuriai like a lot of media have no idea where/what UPSTATE NEW YORK is. Heard a coach in Western/Central NY (aka Boeheim) on hot seat; mistook Western for Upstate and assumed rumor was about DK instead of Boeheim 🤪😏🧐🫢. 

A lot of smiling faces so you get I’m joking?

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Maybe Samuriai like a lot of media have no idea where/what UPSTATE NEW YORK is. Heard a coach in Western/Central NY (aka Boeheim) on hot seat; mistook Western for Upstate and assumed rumor was about DK instead of Boeheim 🤪😏🧐🫢. 

A lot of smiling faces so you get I’m joking?

He knows. He's apparently a former UMASS assistant. 

• Like 1

Native NYC people use to say, Yonkers was Upstate. Potsdam & especially Plattsburgh are straight up I87 above Poughkeepsie and they definitely do NOT say they live Upstate. North County Radio the PBS station up North [ I think they are in Ogdensburgh] has had a feud for years with the Adirondacks, who has the RIGHTS to use the term "North Country ."

TU recently had a 3 page article defining Upstate. Their conclusion;  no one knows or at least no one agrees where/what Upstate is. 😜

Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and even Utica sometimes deny being Upstate. Like 72 says, they cannot even agree who/what is Western NY. 

What does any of this nonsense mean? I don't know. Was just suppose to be JOKE.🤔

Edited by dslyank
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Native NYC people use to say, Yonkers was Upstate. Potsdam & especially Plattsburgh are straight up I87 above Poughkeepsie and they definitely do NOT say they live Upstate. North County Radio the PBS station up North [ I think they are in Ogdensburgh] has had a feud for years with the Adirondacks, who has the RIGHTS to use the term "North Country ."

TU recently had a 3 page article defining Upstate. Their conclusion;  no one knows or at least no one agrees where/what Upstate is. 😜

Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and even Utica sometimes deny being Upstate. Like 72 says, they cannot even agree who/what is Western NY. 

What does any of this nonsense mean? I don't know. Was just suppose to be JOKE.🤔

Everyone knows Buffalo isn't Western NY, it's in Ohio! Come-on man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since I was on the Saint John's website for Baseball, I noticed that MBB despite an overall winning (18-15) record but a losing Conference (7-13) record and losing their second-round game in the Big East with a similar record the previous year.  St. Johns made a "leadership" change in the MBB Head Coach position after 4 years with Mike Anderson.