UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfer season thread

I knew the money was taxable to the kids, my question is if a NIL collective fund, like a school endowment, would be tax deductible for the donations made to it. I guess probably not, as it wasn't a non-profit venture, but I'm willing to guess that it could be a non-profit venture supporting paying players for their appearance at charity events or something like that. There are always loopholes.

The income to the students is always going to be taxable.

21 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I knew the money was taxable to the kids, my question is if a NIL collective fund, like a school endowment, would be tax deductible for the donations made to it. I guess probably not, as it wasn't a non-profit venture, but I'm willing to guess that it could be a non-profit venture supporting paying players for their appearance at charity events or something like that. There are always loopholes.

The income to the students is always going to be taxable.

Payments to a NIL Collective are not tax deductible unless the collective has 501(c)(3) status.

Under what conditions is a NIL considered a CHARITY???

Again I refer to the experts; but sounds like an oxymoron and boarding on illegal to call raising money to pay a student athlete who now becomes a professional, a “CHARITY.”???  What the Fu+$?

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

ps. Ncaa passed  today making it official no waiting for multi year transfers, as long as they are academically eligible 😪😪

There will be so many kids without a degree, it's not even funny.  Honestly, it is not college sports anymore.  The amount of students who benefit from this massive 4 year upheaval is minute.   The ones that suffer, long term, is a rather large group. 

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Thomas back to Rhode Island...ge's gone gone!

Kinda odd.  It's like going back to a cheating girlfriend. They did not think he was good enough to play the first 2 years. Then goes back with a ton of other options ? Probably has some good friends there or something.  

On another note from Twitter:

6'9 forward Angelo Winkel out of Des Moines Area Junior College tells me that he just visited UAlbany.

Winkel will be visiting Northern Arizona on Monday & South Dakota on Wednesday.

Winkel also visited Portland State last weekend.

16.9 PPG 
7.1 RPG 
First Team All-American

Looks like he wants to take a ton of visits and decide.  Seems like a good player. 

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Kinda odd.  It's like going back to a cheating girlfriend. They did not think he was good enough to play the first 2 years. Then goes back with a ton of other options ? Probably has some good friends there or something.  

On another note from Twitter:

6'9 forward Angelo Winkel out of Des Moines Area Junior College tells me that he just visited UAlbany.

Winkel will be visiting Northern Arizona on Monday & South Dakota on Wednesday.

Winkel also visited Portland State last weekend.

16.9 PPG 
7.1 RPG 
First Team All-American

Looks like he wants to take a ton of visits and decide.  Seems like a good player. 

No, more like he did not want to be last person leaving Broadview Center and responsible for turning off the lights.   Perhaps some good friends, more likely for family.

Just saw it reported that Marcus Jackson will be suiting up across town. Blah. I'll still root for him to do well while rooting for his team to lose. Hard nosed kid, whatever he lacked in skills was more than made up in effort and grit. Good luck to him in the future. 

2 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Just saw it reported that Marcus Jackson will be suiting up across town. Blah. I'll still root for him to do well while rooting for his team to lose. Hard nosed kid, whatever he lacked in skills was more than made up in effort and grit. Good luck to him in the future.