UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Men's Basketball Coach Search

Apparently he’s also very active in using his platform, with other Big East coaches, as an agent for change. That seems to make coaches like Kerr, Pop and Marr loved by his players.  the more I read the more I really like. 

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Dude ... you said the hire would be mid April.  I said this Friday... 

I don't see anywhere where it says he was fired .... 

Anyone who is an Albany fan needs to give this guy a chance. 

You are one with the words....my friend....yes I said mid April.....so what...I shared my thoughts.... Albany fan...I am likely a fan before you were born....giving any person selected for this position a chance...truly comes from those in charge...we are just bystanders....lastly I thought this was a forum for conversation....however it appears to be something else

Edited by cwdickens

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

Yeah all in the family, sort of like hiring all your former players as assistants.

School alumns, little different. Man you really hated our last program. 

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Apparently he’s also very active in using his platform, with other Big East coaches, as an agent for change. That seems to make coaches like Kerr, Pop and Marr loved by his players.  the more I read the more I really like. 

Dwayne Killings has a number of important attributes.....NCAA committee for Ethics.... HIV Work.... The one thing I feel comfortable in saying ... Not going to put 20 years here

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification

5 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

School alumns, little different. Man you really hated our last program. 

Nope never said that. In fact you can look back as I said WB got unlucky this season with Covid and I would have extended him. My problem is with the clear ties with WB on this board. His contract ended and they decided to move on. Clearly it was so bad you should be happy that your close friend does not have to deal with such a toxic boss anymore.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Dude ... you said the hire would be mid April.  I said this Friday... 

I don't see anywhere where it says he was fired .... 

Anyone who is an Albany fan needs to give this guy a chance. 

He's just an NCAA news aggregator at this point. lol.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

You are one with the words....my friend....yes I said mid April.....so what...I shared my thoughts.... Albany fan...I am likely a fan before you were born....giving any person selected for this position a chance...truly comes from those in charge...we are just bystanders....lastly I thought this was a forum for conversation....however it appears to be something else

"You're the one with the words." LOL

*in Randy Moss voice* C'mon man.

===================

That being said...I don't know what to make of this hire but I will choose to believe! I'm happy to hear he is a great recruiter!

Welcome Coach Killings!

Edited by Eli

43 minutes ago, Eli said:

He's just an NCAA news aggregator at this point. lol.

"You're the one with the words." LOL

Why do you get so, as the young kids say, butthurt anytime someone calls you out or says something contrary to what you say? Also...can...we...stop...with...this?

*in Randy Moss voice* C'mon man.

===================

That being said...I don't know what to make of this hire but I will choose to believe! I'm happy to hear he is a great recruiter!

Welcome Coach Killings!

Remember this is just a sports forum....no world problems get solved here....Eli....it is just conversation .... you take things so personally ..... this is problem with social media.... if you do not like what is being said .... just fire back with something over the top........

2 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Nope never said that. In fact you can look back as I said WB got unlucky this season with Covid and I would have extended him. My problem is with the clear ties with WB on this board. His contract ended and they decided to move on. Clearly it was so bad you should be happy that your close friend does not have to deal with such a toxic boss anymore.

The bolded part is very true, very little objectivity here at times where close personal relationships prevent any accountability for losing season after losing season...hopefully the new guy is given a chance or even half the leash the old staff got. 

I didn't like it on first blush but have been reading and watched a few of his mic'd up videos. He's growing on me, or at least the chance of the program making the turn in the right direction. 

Edited by Clickclack

2 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

5th place team jettisons head coach and hires assistant coach from a 9th place team in another conference.

How excited are we supposed to be?

At least as excited (or pretend) as you were for the last 3 straight losing seasons and a half-a-decade of cannon fodder not in the first round of the NCAA's but the first round of the AE tourney...or not, whatever. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1