UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Men's Basketball Coach Search

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

For what it’s worth, the posters on the Marquette MBB board are very complimentary of Killings and not at all happy he’s leaving. So there’s that. 

That is typically a good sign. 

As Dickens says, he may not be here long (3 or 4 years?) but hopefully he does great things. 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

For what it’s worth, the posters on the Marquette MBB board are very complimentary of Killings and not at all happy he’s leaving. So there’s that. 

Exactly. I have not read one person say how the heck did this guy get a head coaching job except for Albany fans. Praises from Marquette and fans of UConn.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 8:12 AM, UA'08 said:

Exactly. I have not read one person say how the heck did this guy get a head coaching job except for Albany fans. Praises from Marquette and fans of UConn.

you stating the obvious....Marquette and UConn fans have seen him...now UAlbany fans now have the opportunity to see if he can pass the mustard... let's see what the 2023-2024 season brings...do not see anything happening next two season but many things could change in the AE (coach & athletes) in two years so maybe, a big maybe 2022-2023 season

On 3/16/2021 at 8:12 AM, UA'08 said:

Truth is both programs could've had him. Marquette could've had him right when Albany got him. Other Big East assistants are looking at BE and B10 jobs. Don't care who likes you. Care who is willing to put their job on the line for you.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/15/2021 at 9:52 PM, Dane Pound said:

5th place team jettisons head coach and hires assistant coach from a 9th place team in another conference.

How excited are we supposed to be?

On 3/15/2021 at 10:31 PM, Eli said:

He's just an NCAA news aggregator at this point. lol.

"You're the one with the words." LOL

*in Randy Moss voice* C'mon man.

===================

That being said...I don't know what to make of this hire but I will choose to believe! I'm happy to hear he is a great recruiter!

Welcome Coach Killings!

On 3/16/2021 at 5:48 AM, jimbo said:

After three years, all we have seen from Dwayne Killings is three losing seasons, players coming and going with one of our players leaving for Siena (a few people are chuckling at Siena this evening) and no immediate hopes or prospects of being a top 4 America East team.  We will have a team of one-year wonders in 2024-2025, like in wondering why they came to UAlbany.

Chuckle all they want.  They picked up a boardline D1 player. Have not been to the tournament in 15 years.  Lost to us by 30 last year. Their atheltic department as a whole is an absolute failure and could not even hold our jock strap. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Chuckle all they want.  They picked up a boardline D1 player. Have not been to the tournament in 15 years.  Lost to us by 30 last year. Their atheltic department as a whole is an absolute failure and could not even hold our jock strap. 

As I pointed in a recent posting, we gotten the best of Siena teams this season and Siena's seemingly singular focus of their sports program.  Can you blame Marcus for leaving UAlbany for the athletic scholarship that never came his way at UAlbany.  I bet some N-I-L money will come his way too.

Yes, Marcus will now have to prove himself or he will likely be looking for a new team a year from now, but Coach McNamara must have saw something in him.

8 hours ago, cwdickens said:

As I pointed in a recent posting, we gotten the best of Siena teams this season and Siena's seemingly singular focus of their sports program.  Can you blame Marcus for leaving UAlbany for the athletic scholarship that never came his way at UAlbany.  I bet some N-I-L money will come his way too.

Yes, Marcus will now have to prove himself or he will likely be looking for a new team a year from now, but Coach McNamara must have saw something in him.

Did he get a scholarship to Siena? 

10 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Jackson is not a borderline D1 player.  Agree with the rest.  Borderline hyperbolic statement. 

15 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Jackson is not a borderline D1 player.  Agree with the rest.  Borderline hyperbolic statement. 

To his credit he's worked himself into a viable D1 player but he will always be a good role player. Which is perfectly fine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think any team at our level would be pleased with MJ on their roster. Good kid, tough defender, tireless motor….sorry to see him go….especially to THAT team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, reeder said:

Did he get a scholarship to Siena? 

LOL, why would he enter the transfer portal as his came to UAlbany under an Empire Scholarship. Further, he was deemed a walk-on, which did not change in his sophomore year, something that Killing never addressed and which I strongly believe meant something to Marcus. 

Edited by cwdickens

After the year that he had, starting 18 games, over 22 mpg, great shooting percentage, hustling on D….if he wasn’t offered a scholarship it’s one more thing that reflects very badly on DK imho. 

6 hours ago, Dane96 said:

You guys like him more than I do.  I thought is defense was good.  Not great. Fouled a ton. Offensively, he can't create his own shot . Not a great shooter. He hustles.  Which is great. To me and I understand its my opinion but he is a 10 minute player on a D1 team. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

After the year that he had, starting 18 games, over 22 mpg, great shooting percentage, hustling on D….if he wasn’t offered a scholarship it’s one more thing that reflects very badly on DK imho. 

If he had an Empire Scholarship isn't that just budget management? The kid goes for free, so why not spend the money on outside of NY players. 

• Like 2