UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfers

2 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Towson from the CAA, another one bid league.  I know he did not have the resume of Cremo or Nichols to get a bench role on a Power 5 team, but Towson was 4 and 14 this season, 2nd to last in CAA.  He will not sniff a tourney bid next season that's for sure.  Odd choice or maybe the only one?

It’s typically hard to find a a degree worse than Albany, but he found one in Towson lol. Hopefully he was able to finish his undergrad in three years there. 

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

Towson from the CAA, another one bid league.  I know he did not have the resume of Cremo or Nichols to get a bench role on a Power 5 team, but Towson was 4 and 14 this season, 2nd to last in CAA.  He will not sniff a tourney bid next season that's for sure.  Odd choice or maybe the only one?

Very odd. Expected him to go A-10 or top CAA.  But so many kids in portal, take what you get and run. Kids will be left out. That said, the CAA is barely a shell of itself   That in mind, the league is Charleston’s for a long time...with Elon a sleeper   The rest will be Delaware, JmU (new arena alone will make them better), Drexel and NU  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, UA'08 said:

It’s typically hard to find a a degree worse than Albany, but he found one in Towson lol. Hopefully he was able to finish his undergrad in three years there. 

Hey now, my UA degree has done me wonders! lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grey Dane Train said:

It sounds like a lot of Mid-Major schools will experience the transfer portal as a way to move up the ladder. It would be a shame if kids start using schools like Albany as a Juco year.

I think this might boomerang in some cases. Most mid majors are looking for the diamond in the rough kind of player that attracted little higher level interest. They land them, develop them and they blossom. You wind up with players like Lamb, Coppenrath, Warney, etc. Are recruiters going to still take these kids, when the expectation is that they’ll bolt after one or two years? I can see it from both sides. Why should a player be stuck and lose eligibility to be able to transfer vs why should a school give a scholarship to a player without expectations of some loyalty and appreciation in return? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I may be completely wrong but I this 1000+ players in the portal is great news for us . 

Killings is suppose to be a recruiter. That's suppose to be his strength.  As a new head coach he will make some in game mistakes and things like that but he should know how to recruit.  

I truly expect to bring in "better recruited " players then Brown did . Brown has zero pull and needed to develope that as is went along.  Killings should be light years ahead of him. 

Again maybe I'm wrong but if this guy can't recruit significant better then Brown (his speciality) then I think we will be in trouble . 

• Confused 1