UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Probably was something stupid in November, heat of moment or something, maybe both guilty. Fast forward to now, player is recruited over and is burning it down on the way out. 

Is there any evidence of this being true or is this just speculation

6 minutes ago, bob87 said:

Is there any evidence of this being true or is this just speculation

You don't see this as plausible in a thread full of speculation; especially with the first word being "probably"? I thought it was pretty clear to be speculation. 

Kid played all year on and off after being assaulted? I can't help but wonder how that is.

Watched both local news 10 & 13. Neither mentioned this rumor at all. Not even a breath that a rumor exists?  Beginning to think this whole thing is a lot about nothing. You would think they would at least have mentioned an unsubstantiated rumor about the UA BB program is/was circling the internet???

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

He's a walk-on. 

Does it matter ? A walk on is still in communication with the staff. They are guaranteed to be on the team. They do everything the team does they just don't get a scholarship.  

So your saying thay because he is a walk on that he is disregarded and not told things? 

7 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Watched both local news 10 & 13. Neither mentioned this rumor at all. Not even a breath that a rumor exists?  Beginning to think this whole thing is a lot about nothing. You would think they would at least have mentioned an unsubstantiated rumor about the UA BB program is/was circling the internet???

No . It's on the wnyt website and dozens of new outlets.  Google "Killings Albany". 

As much as I hope it blows over because I do believe Killings can get the job done, I do believe he will be fired.  

3 minutes ago, dslyank said:

13 won't say a word...think about who the paid employee, conflict of interest.  10...different story.  As someone who's partner is a major news station investigative producer, they won't go to air without something other than when they have at least a reportable basis.  Between the UA press release and the fact this all came about today, I wouldn't be shocked to see outlets reporting on it tonight or tomorrow.

Timeline:

School allegedly finds out (at what level is the real question, it is being stated at the Presidential level by unconfirmed tweets) in late February.

6 weeks into the investigation and the school puts out that random statement

6 weeks into the investigation and the coach is on a multi-week leave of absence

6 weeks into the investigation, the team's star player goes into the portal when he presumably would be welcomed back.

Folks, it does NOT take 6 weeks to investigate whether a coach struck a player.  I do these investigations at least once every 6-8 months at my company (harassment, etc) as claims happen all the time when you put people together.  Something as cut and dry as this...doesn't take 6 weeks to have an independent review.   What WOULD take 6 weeks is if indeed there was some sort of mutual story (player, coach, ADept) and the school C-Suite got wind of the complaint.  That would take a much longer time of interviews, reviewing phone calls, text messages, e-mails, etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Does it matter ? A walk on is still in communication with the staff. They are guaranteed to be on the team. They do everything the team does they just don't get a scholarship.  

So your saying thay because he is a walk on that he is disregarded and not told things? 

Yes it does.  THe school did not put out an official commitment for him.  An official tweet, which is allowable since he is a non-NLI kid, is usually par for the course.  This was on the kid's insta.  This kid is paying his own way...so it's not an official athlete until he's actually rostered.